- 5 Questions to Ask Yourself When Choosing a Business Credit Card
- Blinkist Helps You Read Books in Only 15 Minutes
- Top 20 Small Business Bloggers Dominating the Market
- How MyCrowd Is Creating Efficiencies For Entrepreneurs And Freelancers
- How Writing a Book Can Help Market Your Business
- The Top 5 Tech Investors For 2014
Keeping it Together – Dropbox Brings Sanity to Your Devices
If you’re like a lot of people, you have a desktop, laptop, smartphone, and maybe even an iPad. So what do you do when you have a brilliant idea while sitting at Starbucks working on your laptop or in your car with just your iPhone or Blackberry handy, and you want to recall the document you created later, when you’re working at home on your PC? Chances are, you do something like email it to yourself or use a flash stick to transfer the file. Well, once you start using Dropbox, you’ll see that as so 2009!
The folks at Dropbox say their application is like having a “magic pocket.” We don’t know about all that, but what it is, is pretty cool. There are a lot of online file storage apps available, and most offer pretty much the same thing – a place where you can upload files to back them up, share them, or have them available when you’re online. What sets Dropbox apart is its ability to automatically sync all your devices, whether they’re PC or Mac, mobile or fixed, so that the files you have on one are the files you have on all. Think about that for a minute. If you’ve ever had a device stolen, fried, or dropped in a swimming pool, you’ll see the huge advantage to the sync abilities of Dropbox. But even barring the need for disaster recovery, the simple convenience of having access to your files anywhere, anytime is worth the price of Dropbox.
Speaking of price, here’s the scoop on Dropbox pricing: Up to 2 GB of space is completely free, and that’s as much as many people will ever need. If you do want more, a huge step up to the 50 GB plan will only set you back $9.99 a month, and the 100 GB plan is just $19.99 a month.
Features You’ll Love
The basics of Dropbox are enough to make anyone want to use it, but they’re just the beginning of the value. Here are just a few of the highlights:
- Sync files of any size or type
- Sync files on Windows, Mac, and Linux OS
- Mobile Dropbox for iPhone, iTouch, Blackberry, and coming soon – Android!
- Automatically syncs when new files or changes are detected
- Share files by granting permissions, and see changes instantly
- File undelete capabilities with 30-day undelete history (unlimited undo/undelete on paid plans)
There are a ton more features you’ll love, so check out their features page to get the whole story. Bottom line on this app is that it has everything you need to keep all your stuff together and access it from all your devices, and that’s more than cool, it’s time and effort-saving, which is critical for entrepreneurs.
Note: We are not affiliates of Dropbox, and this is not a sponsored post. We just love to pass on great apps when we find them.