- 5 Questions to Ask Yourself When Choosing a Business Credit Card
- Blinkist Helps You Read Books in Only 15 Minutes
- Top 20 Small Business Bloggers Dominating the Market
- How MyCrowd Is Creating Efficiencies For Entrepreneurs And Freelancers
- How Writing a Book Can Help Market Your Business
- The Top 5 Tech Investors For 2014
Viral Video Winner and New Contest Announcement!
One thing is for sure: If you’re going to be a successful entrepreneur, you’d have creative abilities. Not that you have to be artistic. Creativity comes in many forms. Whether we’re devising new solutions to old problems, creating blog or marketing copy or designing more streamlined business processes, we entrepreneurs use creativity all the time. Because we know that creativity is so important to entrepreneurship – and because we like to have a lot of fun, our other site, YoungEntrepreneur.com, recently ran a viral video contest. After collecting a ton of video submissions from young entrepreneurs who we challenged to come up with a Young Entrepreneur-themed video with viral potential, we came up with a winner, to whom we awarded a $500 cash prize!
Here’s our winner!
What made this video a winner? First of all, we think it’s hilarious! Next, the editing is super creative, and the skit itself shows a lot of creativity. The message in the video is actually pretty clever too. As an entrepreneur, have you ever had to deal with someone who just didn’t get “the whole Internet thing” or how social media or other tools vital to your business worked? We all have to some extent, even if it was a family member or friend asking when we’re going to “get a real job”!
Nick Scheidies and Josh Stevens of Next Level Ink are the two guys who put this video together. These two personify what entrepreneurs are all about. They’ve each founded and managed several ventures, and while still involved in other projects, they head up Next Level Ink, a Longmont, Colorado-based creative media agency, specializing in audio and video. They’re passionate about taking each of their clients’ brands to the next level with unique, personalized, and professional media. And because they’re just getting on their feet, they’re able to do it for less. Also, they are both self-taught when it comes to audio and video production.
Announcing a monthly Viral Video Contest!
Want to get in on the chance to win $500 cash? We’re excited to announce that we’re kicking off an ongoing Viral Video Contest. Each month we’ll sort through video entries to find a single winner who will win a $500 cash prize and some great exposure in an article like this one! Here are the details:
- Create a video – Create a video with a young entrepreneur theme and upload it to YouTube.com.
- Include our logo – Include this image within your video.
- Submit your entry – Use our contact form to submit your entry. Just fill out all the fields, typing “Viral Video
Contest” in the Subject box, and a link to your video in the Message box.
- Rules –
- Entry deadline is the last day of the month, with the first deadline occurring 8/31/2010. Winner will be notified by the 15th of the month following entry.
- We will accept one entry per contestant per month. If you submit more than one video in a calendar month without prior approval, only the first entry will be considered.
- To be considered, your video must be young-entrepreneur-themed and must include the YoungEntrepreneur.com logo within the video.
- This contest is open to everyone, and the prize will be paid in US dollars via prepaid Visa debit card or PayPal at the winners choosing.
- It is acknowledged that judging is 100% subjective, and the decisions of the judges (us) are final.
So that’s all there is to it. Start shooting, and get your first video to us by August 31, 2010. You could have $500 in your hands and your business in front of thousands of readers shortly thereafter!