Best Travel Bags for Women: Our Review
There are so many different travel bags for women out there. From cross the body style, to weekend bags and the lightweight carry-ons. The style you need for your trip depends on a lot of different factors.
Whether you are looking for something small enough to carry around with you everywhere, or you need something big and sturdy to carry half your belongings with you around the world, there is a travel bag out there for everyone.
How do I choose the right travel bag?
Before you choose a travel bag, there are a few things you should take into consideration. The most important factor is the trip itself. You need to think about the following:
- How you will be travelling: Are you travelling by plane, train or simply driving there? You method of transportation will have an influence on your decision as it can come with restrictions. Airlines have size restrictions for carry-on luggage, while you may prefer a suitcase with wheels if you are going to be doing a lot of walking.
- How long you will be away: The longer you go away for, the more you are likely to take with you. You need to have enough space to fit all of the things you need to take with you on your trip, so size will matter.
- Where you are going: Safety can be a big concern depending on which country and area you are visiting. Be sure to do a bit of research and try to find out how common thefts are in the area. If you need to be extra safe, go for an anti-theft option to help keep your belonging safe.
- Your budget: There are so many different bags out there, so one of the first things you will want to determine is your budget. This will help to narrow down the selection of bags so you find something that you can actually afford.
- Do you need wheels? Most people prefer to buy travel bags with wheels as it helps make it easier to carry them around. While this is true in most cases, certain roads are more wheel-friendly than others.
- Hard or soft? Hardsides used to be the recommended option if you were looking for protection, with soft luggage being the best in terms of weight. However, state of the art materials have made hardsides lighter and soft luggage tougher these days. Soft luggage is most often recommended if you need to be able to squeeze your bag into a tighter space, such as when travelling by car or train.
Best travel luggage for international travel
Traveling abroad can be an incredibly exciting experience. In order to have a smooth trip, you need to make sure you take the right luggage with you. Even if you already have a suitcase for domestic travel, it may not fit the carry-on luggage restrictions for international airlines.
If you already have a flight booked, then take a look at their restrictions, as you current bag may still be acceptable. Your best bet is not to get anything over 21” tall, as this should get accepted on most flights. The Victorinox Avolve 2.0 is a great option and it comes at 20” tall, specifically made for international flights. It’s made from high-quality materials, so you know this piece of luggage will last you for many, many trips.
Best crossbody travel bags for women
The last thing you want to happen on your holiday is to get robbed. Anytime you go travelling, safety should be a top concern. This is particularly the case if you are a young female travelling by yourself, as you are more likely to be targeted. The best way to keep your belongings safe is to buy an anti-theft travel bag.
What’s the top option? The most popular style is the cross-body travel bag as these can be kept close to your body. One of the best sellers is the Travelon’s anti-theft cross-body bag. What makes these types of bags so successful is that they have slash-proof construction and cut-proof straps, so you don’t have to worry about someone trying to take your bag by cutting off the strap.
Best weekend bags for women
Sometimes all you need is a stylish weekend bag for a short trip away. You tend to have fewer restrictions when it comes to these types of bags, since you are only going away for a short period of time. All you need is something small enough to carry on, but big enough so that it fits everything you need for the trip.
The best weekend bags for women are the ones that are not only stylish, but also practical. Go for bags that have plenty of pockets on the inside and out so you can easily store away all of your smaller items, including makeup and toiletries. Vagabond Traveler makes a canvas travel bag that fits the bill and comes in three different colors.
Best tips for choosing a travel bag
Finally, we have some general tips for helping you choose the right travel bag to take with you on your next trip.
- Go for a bright color: While most people tend to go for standard shades, a bright color will help you to quickly spot your travel bag on the luggage carousel.
- Don’t just go for style: Style may be a factor when making your final pick, but don’t let it be the main deciding factor. While expensive designer bags may look good, they aren’t always the best option when it comes to travelling. If you are going somewhere a little more dangerous, the last thing you want is to advertise the fact that you have the money to afford luxury bags.
- Look at the interiors: You know what they say; it’s what’s on the inside that counts. Different interiors will suit different travellers. Whether you are looking for a bag with plenty of pouches to help keep you organized, or you need something waterproof for your bathing suit, it’s best to look at the added features in order to get the bag for your needs.
When it comes to choosing travel bags for women, you need to take a variety of important factors into consideration. It’s about much more than style, but it’s also about choosing a bag that is practical for your trip.
All product images via Amazon.com