• The Top 5 Tech Investors For 2014
  • Blogtrepreneur.com Is For Sale!

22 November 2007

For Sale

Blogtrepreneur was setup in February of 2006 under a Blogger domain and really acted as an experiment to see whether the internet was an avenue forward in terms of making money online, and forming new friendships, gathering a loyal crowd of readers and using technology for progress.

Since then, I have proved all of the above to be correct and true, in a day and age where the internet is helping entrepreneurs all over the world to connect with each other and forge new business ties. The blogosphere is one such example where moguls of all ages and talents can be seen and heard on an equal basis.

Whilst this is not the time for a full explanation (which will come in the next few days), it is with great regret and sorrow that I announce that I’m leaving the blogosphere, and have decided to put Blogtrepreneur.com – my flagship blog – up for sale.

What I would like to say, is that I have my own personal reasons for leaving the online world (again which I will expand on later) and so would not like to be grouped together with the other make money online blogs which have seemed to be cashing out these days (and quite understandably too seeing the demand for such websites).

Without turning this post into a tearful farewell, I instead wanted to do something which only a few bloggers have done recently, which is to open up the sale to Blogtrepreneur readers. Often, internet entrepreneurs will go directly to Sitepoint in order to try and get the biggest price possible (and I may also follow the Sitepoint route), however whilst price is factored into my decisions, I would much prefer to hand over the Blogtrepreneur reigns to someone from this community.

Thus, I have decided to compile a list of stats and figures for you to muse over, and would love to receive any offers you may have for the blog by email through my contact form – please, even if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Stats and Rankings

Before I give you the low down, I would like to add a few comments. Firstly, the site has been pretty inactive for the past 2 months (and is one of the reasons for the sale). Thus, the Alexa ranking and traffic levels in general have seemed to level off. An increased posting frequency of only 3-4 times per week would sustain a larger amount of traffic.

I also got docked to a Pagerank 3 by Google, where previously I had a PR5 status. I havn’t really aired my views on this, and whilst I was disappointed, it hasn’t affected my revenue in anyway – which you will see further down.

As of end of October 2007 -

• Unique Visitors: 6,500 (figure is growing monthly)
    • Pageviews: 10,600 (1.3 per visitor)
    • Comment to Post Ratio = 8:1 (very high user participation)
    • No. of Articles/Pages: 300
    • Pagerank: 3
    • Alexa: 64,000
    • RSS Daily Readers: 900+ (See sidebar for today’s figure)
    • Technorati Blog Authority: 553
    • Technorati Favourited Fans: 125

October Traffic

The spike as seen above came from me posting an article which got Stumbled. This happens to most of my articles (including the last one on The Economics of Selling Blog Advertising which has received 300 visitors from SU).

Income & Revenue

Whilst a lot more screenshots and a full revenue spreadsheet will be sent to serious potential buyers, I am able to reveal that in October 2007, Blogtrepreneur brought in a fantastic $633.83 in monthly income, and this continues to follow an upward trend every month. I have spent NO money on advertising either, so that money is complete profit apart from the $5 hosting fees.

Income Breakdown for October 2007 -

• Text Link Ads – $234.63
    • ReviewMe – $125
    • Affiliate Revenue – $105
    • Private Text Links – $65
    • Private Post Level Links – $29.20
    • Private Image Ad – $70

The sale also includes a blogging tool (which could be potentially viral), an article which got heavily Dugg, Stumbled, Lifehackered, Probloggered and more, the strong Blogtrepreneur brand, a custom WordPress design, a great readership of 900 readers, and a domain which has 30,000 links pointing at it.

So there you have it! Whilst I’m unable to go really in depth with the statistics, please feel free to email me if you require anything.

What I’m ultimately hoping to have, are offers coming through from you guys. It would really be perfect to see a reader of Blogtrepreneur end up taking over from me, so please make sensible offers only through my contact form, and I’ll get back to you as soon as is physically possible.

More importantly, stay tuned, because I’ll be writing about my journey in the next few days to give you guys a glimpse into my decisions, which is the least I can give you. Thanks for listening, and let the offers roll in!

66 Responses to Blogtrepreneur.com Is For Sale!

1. Kevin Muldoon November 22, 2007 at 7:30 pm #

Best of luck with the sale :)

2. adnan November 22, 2007 at 7:42 pm #

Cheers Kevin – much appreciated buddy ;)

3. chris.pund November 22, 2007 at 7:54 pm #

Adnan, sorry to see you leave. Best of luck with the sale and your future endeavors! Be sure to keep everyone updated with what you get into so that we can follow your journey!

4. David Wilkinson November 22, 2007 at 7:56 pm #

Good luck Adnan – Keep me in the loop via e-mail. Can’t chat via GTalk (working on eBook) but I’m interested to see where this goes…

- David

5. Matt Jones November 22, 2007 at 8:02 pm #

Blogtrepreneur is one of my favourite blogs, I really hope you get an offer that reflects what a money making machine this site is. I can’t believe you made so much but post so little!

Good luck with the sale, this would make a great buy.

6. fc November 22, 2007 at 8:04 pm #

I was surprised to see this pop up in my reader…
      Am a late joinee here and its sad to see you leave..

Allt he best for the sale and for times after that.. :)

7. Eric November 22, 2007 at 8:11 pm #

Adnan,

How much are you looking to get out of it buddy?

8. Franco J November 22, 2007 at 9:04 pm #

Yes, you didn’t told us nothing about the price, at least the bidders to have an idea.

9. adnan November 22, 2007 at 9:09 pm #

Chris, David, Matt and fc – thanks so much for your warm comments. I’m so glad that I’ve come to know all you guys and without this blog I wouldn’t have had the chance to.

I’ll try and keep in touch via email and hope you guys continue to have massive success online.

@ Eric – hey mate. After holding talks with SplashPress Media, and after getting some advice from their team, I decided upon a low 5 figure for Blogtrepreneur – $xx,000. If I can achieve that, then I’ll be really happy :)

10. Iantrepreneur November 22, 2007 at 9:26 pm #

sorry to see you go – enjoyed the read here, even tho I have recently found this blog a while ago :(

11. Mandy November 22, 2007 at 10:22 pm #

Wow that’s an impressive package, I’ve never seen a blog sold before and followed the process. I hope you go into that because it would be very interesting!

Good luck with your ongoing journey…

12. Adam Dempsey November 22, 2007 at 10:24 pm #

Good luck with the sale!

13. Matt November 22, 2007 at 10:28 pm #

Going to miss you Adnan. I feel like I’ve been with you since the beginning of blogtrepreneur.com. Best of luck in your future ventures. Hopefully, I’ll still be able to catch you online through email, IM, and some of the social media sites where we’re both members.

14. Josh Buckley November 22, 2007 at 10:31 pm #

Hey dude,

i wish you the best of luck with the future and the sale. I’m sure you’ll get a good price :)

15. Yaro November 22, 2007 at 10:39 pm #

Good luck with the sale Adnan, it will be sad to see you go, but hopefully your reincarnation will take this blog to new heights!

Yaro

16. adnan November 22, 2007 at 11:00 pm #

Ian – thanks buddy and I hope you continue to read Blogtrepreneur, because I’m sure there are good things to come.

Mandy – thanks a lot for the compliments. I will probably be detailing the blog sales process, as I think it will prove invaluable for other bloggers wishing to do the same, especially at a time when a lot of other blogs are being put up for sale – so good idea!

Adam – thankyou!

Matt – thanks for dropping by and Wow what a journey it’s been from when we moved to .com. I’m still indebted to you for helping me to move here and without you, I’m not sure I would have been able to make the transition. I’ll definitely try and keep in touch – and good luck with work and life. It was great meeting you ;)

Josh – thanks mate – I hope I’ll get a good price. I’ve already had 1 serious offer and many people interested.

Finally Yaro – you’ve been a great inspiration to me and thanks for your help in this blog sale. You really live up to your “mentor” title. Thanks mate and I hope my spirit will live on at the site, I’m sure the new owner will do it justice.

17. Steve November 23, 2007 at 1:58 am #

Good luck with the sale.

18. Steven Snell November 23, 2007 at 3:24 am #

Adnan,
      I’m very sad to see you sell, but I know you have plenty of other things going on in your life and I can understand your decision. I think you’ve built a very strong asset and I’m sure you’ll do well with the sale. Please stay in touch.

19. Ross Hill November 23, 2007 at 4:40 am #

Good luck with the sale, I look forward to seeing more good things from you – and the next owner.

20. Jon Symons November 23, 2007 at 7:12 am #

Best of luck with the sale Adnan.

21. Tibi Puiu November 23, 2007 at 2:28 pm #

Sad to see you leave us, but hope you get some decent money for it, maybe 15k $? :d

22. Chris J November 23, 2007 at 6:05 pm #

Sorry to see you go. : (

I love reading your insightful articles, but I truly understand how sometimes it’s just time to leave the blogosphere. Thanks for all your help and kindness and good luck on the sale!

23. adnan November 23, 2007 at 7:07 pm #

Steve, Steven, Ross, Jon, Tibi and Chris – thanks so much for your kind words. I’ve already had some great offers, and hope that a private offer can be finalized very soon.

It’s been a pleasure meeting you all, and I hope I can keep in touch with all of you – don’t hesitate to shoot me an email! :)

24. Ray Dotson November 23, 2007 at 8:03 pm #

Hey Adnan. I can totally understand where you’re coming from and having talked to you a lot over the last couple of years, I know that you haven’t made this decision lightly. I’m glad to be your friend. Good luck and you’ll definitely be hearing more from me.

25. 30 Day Man November 23, 2007 at 10:54 pm #

Hi Adnan,
      I too have only recently stumbled on your blog. Congrats on building a nice setup and following in only a short time.
      Good luck with the sale.
      Best Regards,
      Adam

26. Dave November 24, 2007 at 12:33 am #

Hey Adnan, best of luck on your transition — this isn’t the end for you, just the beginning. Keep on moving. Keep on making things happen. Keep on pushing forward. Never stop following your passions. Peace,
      D

27. Glen Allsopp November 24, 2007 at 10:44 am #

Good luck adnan, I was very surprised to see this happen

28. bloggernoob November 25, 2007 at 12:30 am #

so whats the asking price?

29. Top Work From Home November 25, 2007 at 1:55 am #

Best of luck with the sale – I am sure you will find a buyer that will give you the price you are looking for. You have developed a solid blog with a good revenue stream and proven results.

Keep us posted on the results

Chris

30. Free webmaster ebooks November 25, 2007 at 5:23 am #

Hi,
      Good luck with your sale. Make sure you a make a final post here with what you are going to do next.

31. TechDune November 25, 2007 at 7:45 am #

Oh my…!!i can’t believe it.
      Anyway May you get 5-Figure bid..

32. KeVin November 25, 2007 at 9:22 am #

It is sad to see you go adnan…Just hope that you ‘ve a good reason for this.

best of luck….

33. Vincent Abry November 28, 2007 at 4:49 am #

Good luck Adnan

34. Zach November 29, 2007 at 12:20 pm #

Good Luck with the sale, Adnan!

I’d put in a bid, but I’m afraid a 5 number is a little out of my reach. :-)
      Hope you get the number your looking for.

35. ses5909 December 3, 2007 at 10:14 am #

Good luck with the sale. Based on the stats, you could definitely get 5 figures for the site based on what I’ve seen.

36. Nicholas December 6, 2007 at 2:56 pm #

Good Luck with the sale mate!

I posted it on my blog – http://www.profitbaron.com/2007/11/24/blogtrepreneur-is-for-sale/

37. Hair Loss Cure December 7, 2007 at 7:30 am #

Adnan it’s going to be really sad to see you go. But I guess sometimes in life we have to take such decisions. I am sure it must be a very big reason otherwise one would not leave a work like this.

38. Cesar Gonzalez December 8, 2007 at 5:03 am #

Hey Adnan, sad to see you go! It’s been fun watching your site grow and develop all this time, and you deserve every cent of a $xx,000 sale.

Best of luck!

39. Myspace Proxy December 8, 2007 at 10:50 am #

Goodluck on sale adnan. I wonder what is your asking price for this. Maybe my friend make an 5 figures offer..

40. adnan December 11, 2007 at 12:43 am #

Thanks for the good wishes everyone again. It’s been a pleasure meeting you all, and I’m sure it won’t be the end of our collective friendships.

The sale itself has gone a bit stale (along with traffic). So my master plan (which I will discuss soon), is to revamp the site a bit with some fresh content a bit more regularly, and maybe sell the blog early in the New Year.

Keep watching this space!

41. Lil wayne December 11, 2007 at 1:31 pm #

Sorry to see you leave, waiting on the updates to know why and wish you the very best in whatever you are getting into. I hope you get the best possible offer and I hope to see this baby of yours become even more successful…

42. D Web Design December 13, 2007 at 1:10 pm #

Good Luck.
      Is the hosting also included in the package?
      Do you have a lower limit for the pricing?

43. Futon-Matt December 14, 2007 at 10:47 pm #

Good luck on the sale, very nice site.

Matt

44. Pinny Cohen December 21, 2007 at 5:59 am #

Have you sold this yet? and if not, what is the asking price?

45. jazz January 26, 2008 at 8:15 pm #

Let me know if this blog is for sale. I think you publishing your text link ad and sponsored post earnings caused you to get PR0′d

Please send updated earnings stats if you are still selling.

-jazz

46. Stefanie May 3, 2008 at 4:11 am #

Good luck in selling blog

47. Donovan Crow April 21, 2011 at 2:21 am #

Just a quick word to say thanks and this post was very helpful for me.