Comprehensive Guide To Organizing Your Workspace
For many people, maintaining a somewhat tidy workstation or desk is an ongoing battle. Between the papers, the coffee mug, stationary, the mouse, mouse pad, perhaps the bottle of water, there’s a quite lot going on around your computer screen!
Of course, it goes without saying that you’re going to be significantly more productive if you’re not having to shuffle items around and dodge them as you try to reach the keyboard! With that in mind, we can across this fantastic infographic from OmniPapers.com. Take a look and we hope you find some helpful tips!
Check out a step-by-step guide to organizing your workplace:
Make a Zoned Workplace
Computer work takes a toll on vision and, therefore, affect well-being in general. Working at computer zone can make you tired, so you need to have two zones to shift computer and non-computer working processes. If you want to stay productive and complete tasks faster, make a zoned workplace by creating computer and non-computer zones.
- The first one is for everything connected to work with computer (emailing, writing, completing tasks)
- The second one is for boosting inspiration (a motivational corner).
Set Up the Right Lighting
No matter when you work; whether at night or day, you need to set up a proper lighting. Let’s call a spade a spade: to prevent eyesight problems, people should pay attention to the right lighting at their workplaces.
Here several tips to check out:
- Pick up a good office desk with 3500-4000K light
- Place a writing desk in front of the source of daylight
- Set up the color temperature and the illumination level of the computer screen
Declutter Your Writing Desk
Looking for something you need to use right now might be difficult if your writing desk is messy. It takes not only a considerable amount of time but efforts as well. Thus, decluttering your desk is a key to boosting productivity: the fewer distractions you have, the more productive you are.
Actionable hacks about writing desk organization:
- Keep important items next to you
- Hide notes and drafts into lockers
- Put books on bookshelves
- Use boxes for utensils
- Start using stickers to keep everything in mind
- Put live plants to clean the air
- Form a habit to keep your desk daily
Living during the technological progress, it’s nearly impossible to stop using modern gadgets. They help us a lot: being available all day long, people can complete tasks wherever they are. Using modern gadgets can help to boost productivity. If you want to get the most out of the digital era, upgrade gadgets right now. Remember: the faster your computer works, the better for your productivity.
If you have a comfortable environment, it’s more likely you will enjoy the working process. Once you start organizing a perfect workplace, do your best to add some comfort. Plus, don’t forget to buy stuff that can help to prevent health problems.
- An ergonomic office chair that supports the lower back to
- An ergonomic keyboard to minimize muscle strain
- Mini elliptical trainers to do physical activities while working
- A sitting/standing desk to stand up from time to time
Organize Your Workplace to Boost Productivity
Workplace organization goes beyond decluttering your desk: it includes adding comfort, preventing health problems, organizing an inspirational corner, and making a motivational environment in general. Once you decide to boost productivity, follow above-mentioned tips to organize a perfect workplace.
So, why don’t you give it a whirl and start working more productive?